Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just Stuff

I just wanted to say what an awesome mother I have. In 2 weeks she will be 87 and she is "just a little" slower than she used to be. Yesterday afternoon she got her hair done, had a pedicure and then went to the drivers license office and renewed her license in person. All this was done by herself. She is very energetic and has lots of spunk. As I grow up, one of my goals is to be more like her. I love her so much. What a blessing she is in my life.

Also this morning, I was reading an email from a friend, one of those that talk about soldiers and a good deed done for them at an airport and on an airplane. At the end was a sentence that pretty well sums up a veteran. It said:

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' Hooah!

Have a great day, be happy and thankful.

6 comments:

Justin said...

What a great veteran quote - it really does sum up the dedication, honor, and sacrifice!

You do have an amazing mom! But then again, her daughter is pretty amazing as is her daughter's husband!

Love you all!!!

Collette C. said...

Thank you for that blog. You really do have an amazing mother. I also am blessed to call her my mother (in-law), and that my children can call her grandma. It is easy to see why the great-grandkids call her Sweetheart Grandma. I was so lucky to marry into this good family. Thank you, Wendy, for the special care and attention you give your Mom.

whitney said...

LOVE the post! I agree 100% with it all!

Lindsay said...

She is one amazing woman! I am so grateful that my kids are able to truly know grandma and have a relationship with her. Love her!

alaynamarriott said...

Oh Wendy I really appreciated reading that.....our Grandma is an angel. I've always called her an angel, because she has always seemed so perfect in my eyes. I am in absolute awe of the many things she accomplishes at her age. She is so healthy, and takes such good care of herself. She is so lucky to have you.....you take such good care of her. And from my perspective, you are JUST LIKE Grandma. Perfect as can be! Love ya.

DaNeil said...

There is no one in the world queit like Grandma. She is one special lady.