Sunday, October 5, 2008

Special Families

I've just been blog hopping, looking at my great family. I am truly blessed to have the great family that I have. I've watched in awe as Lindsay and Collette have posted updates and pictures of our beautiful Madelyn Jane Marriott, what a gorgeous baby she is. I'm so happy for Tim, Alayna and Dawson that they will soon be taking little Madelyn home. It is so fun being with my nieces and nephews and their kids, so fun to watch them turn into parents and find instant unconditional love. I've been watching as Nikki posts pictures of little Kamry and am still amazed that Nikki is a mom, and what a great mom she is. I'm especially lucky that I have good looking nephews and nieces, (and spouses too) because they make beautiful children.

I just talked to Justin on the phone and am totally stoked about him coming for 10 whole days at Christmas. It really gives me something to look forward to. He'll be here on the 20th and not leave again until the 30th, way cool.

Tomorrow is Justin's 36th birthday. That isn't even possible. It was just the day before yesterday that we were planning for his birth. Time has gone so fast. I'm so proud of him and his accomplishments. He is a great man and my very best friend. (Even if he is a weird boy).

Rick is in the midst of the mighty hunting season. This week it's Elk, then a week off, then the deer hunt. Right after the deer hunt, he's off to Camp Williams for another 2 week 1sg Course. He'll be home before Thanksgiving and then maybe we can have a little "normal" time together. The whole summer, at least the past 2 1/2 months have been crazy for us.

I'm in Salt Lake this week attending out State Treasurer's Academy that is being presented by the University of Utah. I'm staying at the Cottontree Inn on 106 South, right across the street from South Town Mall - what a tough place to have to stay!!! We are in class from 8-5 each day except Friday, then we are out earlier for us to drive home if we desire. This should be a great week, I have a lot of good friends who are Treasurer's around the state, and we'll have lots of fun, besides the long days.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Takes a weirdo to know a weirdo!