Monday, January 26, 2009

Discombobulated in Bolivia

After reading Debbie’s post at Suburb Sanity today, about her son being discombobulated, and combobulated not being a word, it got me thinking about “Rickisms”.

Now anyone that knows my Rick knows that there are times his tongue doesn’t spit out exactly what he meant for it to. Things get twisted and “discombobulated”.

Example in point. After his tour of Iraq, well really his whole adult life, he’s had a hard time sleeping. I know without a doubt that it’s not my snoring, I admit I snore, but how bad can it be? Well, that’s for another time.

Anyway, we bought him some Melatonin and to help him sleep. Justin just happened to be visiting (good witness) and Rick said he was going home and take a melanoma and go to Bolivia. He really meant that he was going home and take a melatonin and go into oblivion. From then on we joke that we are going to “Bolivia”.

Great guy, takes as good as he gives. We still call that clothing brand “Tommy Hilliger”. Gotta love him and his twisted tongue.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh yes. He was a little discombobulated, wasn't he? That's hysterical.
Glad my little post inspired you:)