Saturday, December 27, 2008

Jewel's Christmas CD

Twas the night before Christmas Eve, I think, when all through the house, nothing was stirring, everyone was snoring. When around 2:30 there arose such a clatter that Rick and I almost emptied our bladders. Out in the front room, surround sound blaring, was Jewel serenading us with Joy to The World, loud enough that it left us staring. I jumped from the bed, ran from our bedroom, wondering how to shut Jewel down and restore our peaceful nights sleep. I stepped on the hearth, depressed the power button on the DVD player with a mind of its own, staggered back to my bed and finished the night a little less joyfully.

It turns out that we had a power outage during the night and I hadn’t turned the DVD player off, having listened to Jewel earlier in the day. So when the power came back on, so did Joy to all the World. Kind of a rude awakening, so to speak, but very fun to talk about later.

No comments: