Friday, December 18, 2009

December 18, 2009

I'm sitting in my room at Planet Hollywood, waiting for 1:42 a.m. when Justin will arrive for Christmas - YAY!!!!! He'll be here for 12 days, well technically 11.5 days, does the 18th count since he's traveling? Who knows. I just know we'll have a great time. I only have to work on the 28th and 29th while he's home. Happy, happy, happy.

When my brothers and I were young, on Christmas morning we had to wait until the three of us, along with mom and dad, were up before anyone could go see what Santa had left. Randy and Danny slept downstairs so mom or dad would lead them through the kitchen, through the front room (with their eyes closed so they couldn't see the presents), and into the hallway. I would be anxiously waiting in the hallway with mom or dad (they didn't trust me not to peak at the gifts) for the boys to get there. We would then all go into the front room together and be amazed we had been that good during the year to receive the gifts we each desired.

Rick, Justin and I have continued this tradition in our little family. When Justin was young, there were some Christmas mornings that he and I were ready to string Rick up for being such a tease and whining about getting up so early. We would then (after the lazy butt got up) go into the front room where we were surprised by our gifts.

Now we go downstairs into the family room, all together, and take turns going through our Santa gifts. We are a small little family, but are not lacking in love and enjoyment on Christmas, as well as any time we are together.

No comments: