Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Today is my last day of work until the 28th. I don't think I've ever had that much time off and just stayed around here. I'm going on to Vegas on Friday to pick Justin up for Christmas, and I can hardly contain myself. We are staying at Planet Hollywood, and you know there are major good stores right there, won't have to leave the hotel after I check in. It will be a fun day and topped off with the best present ever, Justin coming home for Christmas. We have such fun together and Saturday coming home will be awesome. Of course we'll have to do a "little" shopping in Vegas before heading home. Rick's probably glad he'll be home with Baxter and not shopping with us.

A Christmas tradition that I love is Rick's family coming to our house the afternoon of Christmas. We have done this for a long time, even before we really had room, but it was just as fun then as it is now. We usually miss Todd, Lorie and the kids, they spend their Christmas day in St. George with friends. As the kids get older, it's hard for them to travel on Christmas.

Anyway, Eric, Lisa and their kids come up in the late afternoon, as do Rick's mom and dad, all other family that happen to be around are also included. We just hang out and visit, eat cold ham left over from breakfast at moms (post later about that), chips, and whatever else happens to be on the bar. I love spending time with them, and I love my nieces and nephews and now some of them are having children of their own, which just makes it more fun.

1 comment:

the bonzoodles. said...

OOOOh!! Wish we could come!

Kadyn misses Baxter!